-   -   conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/188801-conditional-formatting.html)

KRK

conditional formatting

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with several rows of data.

The first cell of each row contains a logical formula which equates to
'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.

I want to hide the rest of the cells in the row if the first is FALSE.

I have been trying to use conditional formatting to do this, setting the
text colour to white so that the cell contents become 'invisible'

I cannot seem to get it to work, I think I'm getting the conditional
statement wrong in the conditional formatting box, but am not sure ?

Any advice or pointers please ?

Thanks

KK

Robert Martim, Excel

conditional formatting

Suppose the range goes from A1 through F1, then select this range ensuring A1
is the active cell. Then enter the following formula in the CF:

=$A$1=FALSE

Now, format the font color to white. If A1 is false (first cell in the row),
then all other cells will be white.
--
Robert
Author of RibbonX: Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon: