-   -   Conditional formatting based on an equal value in another workshee (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/187996-conditional-formatting-based-equal-value-another-workshee.html)

Jack

Conditional formatting based on an equal value in another workshee

I have a large spreadsheet with part numbers and prices. Have a second
worksheet with part numbers and special prices. I want to have the first
sheet cell to format bold/colur if the part number appears in the special
list in the second sheet which is dynamic. Parts are being added or removed
over time. Both partnumbers are in column B.
--
Jack

Bob Phillips

Conditional formatting based on an equal value in another workshee

Create a defined name (InsertNameDefine...) for the list in the other
sheet, then use a formula of

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,the_list,0))

--
---