-   -   Turn off getting started dialog (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/183132-turn-off-getting-started-dialog.html)

John Collins[_2_]

Turn off getting started dialog

When i start Excel, a "Getting Started" dialog pops up. How can I have
that not pop up?

John

Gordon

"John Collins" wrote in message
When i start Excel, a "Getting Started" dialog pops up. How can I have
that not pop up?

John

I expect there's a little box "Do not show this again" or something similar
that needs checking...

Luke M

Turn off getting started dialog

Or, if you mean the start-up pane, you can go to Tools - Options
Then go to the View tab, and un-check the appropriate box.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Luke M wrote:
Or, if you mean the start-up pane, you can go to Tools - Options
Then go to the View tab, and un-check the appropriate box.

Yes, it was the Startup Task Pane. Thank you.

Feels like it should have had a little "do not show at startup" either
in a check box or as a right click option, as Gordon suggested.