-   -   rounding up and down formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/180683-rounding-up-down-formulas.html)

kris

rounding up and down formulas

I am creating a retail price for our items. Problem is that I want the retail
price to end in either a .49 or .99. Example when I figure my retail pricing
off my cost it may come out to $6.74 and I would like to have a formula so
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is was
a lower number. Thanks!

T. Valko

rounding up and down formulas

Try this:

A1 = 6.74

=CEILING(A1+0.01,0.5)-0.01

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kris" wrote in message
I am creating a retail price for our items. Problem is that I want the
retail
price to end in either a .49 or .99. Example when I figure my retail
pricing
off my cost it may come out to $6.74 and I would like to have a formula so
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is
was
a lower number. Thanks!

pdberger

rounding up and down formulas

Kris --

Here's one approach:

A B
1 number =CEILING(A1,0.5)-0.01

HTH

"kris" wrote:

I am creating a retail price for our items. Problem is that I want the retail
price to end in either a .49 or .99. Example when I figure my retail pricing
off my cost it may come out to $6.74 and I would like to have a formula so
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is was
a lower number. Thanks!

T. Valko

rounding up and down formulas

That formula will *round down* an integer and a decimal = to 0.5

A1 = 10
A1 = 1.5

Formula result = 9.99
Formula result = 1.49

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"pdberger" wrote in message
Kris --

Here's one approach:

A B
1 number =CEILING(A1,0.5)-0.01

HTH

"kris" wrote:

I am creating a retail price for our items. Problem is that I want the
retail
price to end in either a .49 or .99. Example when I figure my retail
pricing
off my cost it may come out to $6.74 and I would like to have a formula
so
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is
was
a lower number. Thanks!

MartinW

rounding up and down formulas

Hi Kris,

Where you say,
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is
was
a lower number. Thanks!

Do you mean you want it to round like this
6.74 or lower - round down to 6.49
6.75 and higher.- round up to 6.99
If that is the case try this,

=ROUND(A1/0.5,0)*0.5-0.01

HTH
Martin

"kris" wrote in message
I am creating a retail price for our items. Problem is that I want the
retail
price to end in either a .49 or .99. Example when I figure my retail
pricing
off my cost it may come out to $6.74 and I would like to have a formula so
that it would automatically come out to $6.99 or if it was to $6.49 if is
was
a lower number. Thanks!

T. Valko

rounding up and down formulas

That is kind of confusing. I read it to mean:

..00 to .49 = round to .49

..50 to .99 = round to .99

--
Biff