-   -   cell format (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/180100-cell-format.html)

Chris

cell format

When I enter a whole number (i.e. - 1, 2) into a cell, the result is a
percentage (i.e. - .01, .02). I have reset the format to number, with no
success.

Gary''s Student

cell format

Tools Options Edit clear the fixed decimal checkbox
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Bernard Liengme

cell format

Sounds like you have got Fixed Decimals turned on - this lets you type 12345
and get 123.56 (for lazy bookkeepers)
Use Tools | Options; open the Edit tab; uncheck the Fixed Decimal option box
best wished
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP