-   -   Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/180023-splitting-data-cell-into-groups.html)

howard

Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups

I have a issue where I have a list of 3 letter codes seperated by a ; that I
need to grouped by the first letter of the code (ABC, ACB, AAA and BAA, BAB,
BAC and so on) but I'm unable to figure out how to do this in either Excel or
Access. There are about 60,000 rows and 1 code to 500 codes in each cell.

Please help

howard

Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups

Here is an example of the data

ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF;BOA;BPA;BZZ;CED;CEZ;TTY;ZZZ

We want a way to seperate the data in the columns into 26 Columns (Each
Column for each letter in the alphabet)

Column A:

ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF

Column B: