-   -   Apostrophes in formula bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/177931-apostrophes-formula-bar.html)

Joanne

Apostrophes in formula bar

I have been given a worksheet with hunderds of rows and a couple dozen
columns.
All the data entry has been preceeded by an apostrophe in the formula
input bar. I tried find/replace, but it does not see the apostrophes.
Could someone please tell me how to do a global erasure of these
apostrophes throughout the entire worksheet?
Thanks so much for you help
Joanne

Bernie Deitrick

Apostrophes in formula bar

Joanne,

Select all your cells, and run this macro

Sub PutValues()
Set myRange = Intersect(Selection, ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
myRange.Value = myRange.Value
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Joanne" wrote in message ...
I have been given a worksheet with hunderds of rows and a couple dozen
columns.
All the data entry has been preceeded by an apostrophe in the formula
input bar. I tried find/replace, but it does not see the apostrophes.
Could someone please tell me how to do a global erasure of these
apostrophes throughout the entire worksheet?
Thanks so much for you help
Joanne

Joanne

Apostrophes in formula bar

Thank you, Thank you for your very prompt and expert help
Much appreciated indeed
Joanne