-   -   Logical formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/177161-logical-formulas.html)

saltnsnails

Logical formulas

I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General
Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below:

I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose a
formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less
than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but it
is not working: =IF(AND(G70,G7<4,G7949,G7<991),1,0)

Any help would be awesome!

--
-CRM

Ron Coderre

Logical formulas

Try this:

=IF(OR(AND(G70,G7<4),AND(G7949,G7<991)),1,0)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"saltnsnails" wrote in message
I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General
Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below:

I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose
formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less
than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but
it
is not working: =IF(AND(G70,G7<4,G7949,G7<991),1,0)

Any help would be awesome!

--
-CRM

Sandy Mann

Logical formulas

See your other request in .misc

Please do not multipost as it just fragments responses

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"saltnsnails" wrote in message
I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General
Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below:

I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose
formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less
than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but
it
is not working: =IF(AND(G70,G7<4,G7949,G7<991),1,0)

Any help would be awesome!

--
-CRM

Ron Rosenfeld

Logical formulas

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:56:02 -0800, saltnsnails
wrote:

I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General
Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below:

I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose a
formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less
than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but it
is not working: =IF(AND(G70,G7<4,G7949,G7<991),1,0)

Any help would be awesome!

Please don't multipost. There are answers in the other group to which you
posted.
--ron

Gord Dibben

Logical formulas

Most of the regulars monotor all Excel news groups so there is not really a
"wrong" news group.

If you need answers to a complex VBA problem the programming group could be
considered the "right" group, otherwise see above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP