-   -   Question Inserting Rows & Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/175688-question-re-inserting-rows-columns.html)

sheana

Question Inserting Rows & Columns

I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is
visually confusing to me in which direction new columns are inserted. Are
they inserted to the right or left of the active column?

Don Guillett

Question Inserting Rows & Columns

You could always put a11,b1 2,c1 3 and insert to find out for yourself
same thing on rows

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"sheana" wrote in message
I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is
visually confusing to me in which direction new columns are inserted. Are
they inserted to the right or left of the active column?

Gord Dibben

Question Inserting Rows & Columns

Enter "testing" in A1 and select column A and insert a column.

You may find out from watching.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP