-   -   Please guide me (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/174372-please-guide-me.html)

jai

Please guide me

Hi,

I have started learning excel few months back with the help of this
community and the training material provided by microsoft. Now, I am capable
of working on excel worksheet, formulas and functions. But according to my
need this is not enough, I want to make excel more flexible for me, because
there are still many works which I am not able to perform. After consulting
with my freind I got to know that I can solve my problem after learning
macros, but according to him to learn macro I have to learn visual basic from
institute. I want to know, Is he right ? or not. If he is wrong how can I get
training material to learn macro 100 percent.

Thanks & regards

Jai

Gord Dibben

Please guide me

Jai

David McRitchie's site is a good place to start with macros.

A few other sites of value for code snippets and how-to's in no particular order
of preference.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
http://www.codesites.com/
http://www.contextures.com/