-   -   how to group percentile (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/173286-how-group-percentile.html)

Able Cox

how to group percentile

How to group percentile?

I have the follow time sheet of employee paid scale. I need to group into 1
to 4 pay percentile groups, for example, the lowest paid 25% into group 1.

Column A (number of employee) Column B (Pay Scale) Column C Percentile
group 1-4
23 10 1
22 12.25
37 14
12 15.50
60 17
23 19
12 20
5 22
7 25 4

Can you please tell me how to calculate this? Thank you.

Max

how to group percentile

Assuming source payscale numbers in B2:B10
In C2: =PERCENTRANK(B$2:B$10,B2)
In D2: =VLOOKUP(C2,{0,1;0.25,2;0.5,3;0.75,4},2)
Select C2:D2, copy down to D10.
Col D returns the required groupings
--
Max
Singapore
"Able Cox" wrote in message
How to group percentile?

I have the follow time sheet of employee paid scale. I need to group into
1 to 4 pay percentile groups, for example, the lowest paid 25% into group
1.

Column A (number of employee) Column B (Pay Scale) Column C
Percentile group 1-4
23 10 1
22 12.25
37 14
12 15.50
60 17
23 19
12 20
5 22
7 25 4

Can you please tell me how to calculate this? Thank you.

Able Cox

how to group percentile

thank you.

"Able Cox" wrote in message
How to group percentile?

I have the follow time sheet of employee paid scale. I need to group into
1 to 4 pay percentile groups, for example, the lowest paid 25% into group
1.

Column A (number of employee) Column B (Pay Scale) Column C
Percentile group 1-4
23 10 1
22 12.25
37 14
12 15.50
60 17
23 19
12 20
5 22
7 25 4

Can you please tell me how to calculate this? Thank you.

Max

how to group percentile

welcome
--