-   -   how to enter totals and sub totals from receipts into excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/172539-how-enter-totals-sub-totals-receipts-into-excel.html)

mjd23

how to enter totals and sub totals from receipts into excel.

iam needing to enter some gas receipt expenses into a colum but i need to
enter the total amount of the receipt then i have to some how subtract the
tax amount from that. anyone know what i need to do to? I have to seperate
the two and have the two seperate coloums sum????Help. iam still learning....

Gord Dibben

how to enter totals and sub totals from receipts into excel.

Column A has the total for each receipt.

Assuming a constant tax rate of 30%..........B1 has the formula

=IF(A1="","",A1*.7)

C1 has the formula

=IF(A1="","",A1*.3)

Copy both cells down using drag/copy on the fill handle.

In D1 enter =SUM(B:B)

In E1 enter =SUM(C:C)

Do not copy those down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:34:03 -0800, mjd23
wrote:

iam needing to enter some gas receipt expenses into a colum but i need to
enter the total amount of the receipt then i have to some how subtract the
tax amount from that. anyone know what i need to do to? I have to seperate
the two and have the two seperate coloums sum????Help. iam still learning....

MartinW

how to enter totals and sub totals from receipts into excel.

Wow! 30%! Is that a real world figure Gord?
We have a 10% Goods And Services Tax here
and I think that's pretty steep.

Regards
Martin