-   -   How do I name rows and columns in an array (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/171776-how-do-i-name-rows-columns-array.html)

Gulfman100

How do I name rows and columns in an array

I have a named data base and want to name the rows columns and use those
names to return the intersecting value. I named the array without a problem,
but I can't seem to get the rows & cols. named to use in a formula.

I have 2003 with SP2

Thanks
Dan

Bernie Deitrick

How do I name rows and columns in an array

Dan,

Select the table with the row and column labels, and use Insert / Name /
Create... and check "top row" and "left column" and click OK.

Note that your labels should not have any spaces to create valid names for
the intersect function.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP