-   -   How do I set up restrictions in my documents? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/170733-how-do-i-set-up-restrictions-my-documents.html)

KANGYUES.

How do I set up restrictions in my documents?

A restriction in my documents will be of a great help. For example, all
numbers in column D should be <10. This will surely help drastically in my
employees Data Entry work and also save time and effort.

Thanks.

Max

How do I set up restrictions in my documents?

Try Data Validation

Assume the restriction is to apply to data entry in col A

Select col A
Click Data Validation
Under Allow, choose Custom
Put in "Formula:" box: =A1<10
Click OK

Test it out ..
--
Max
Singapore
"KANGYUES." wrote:
A restriction in my documents will be of a great help. For example, all
numbers in column D should be <10. This will surely help drastically in my
employees Data Entry work and also save time and effort.

Thanks.

Max

How do I set up restrictions in my documents?

Oops, you did say col D

It should read:
Select col D
Click Data Validation
Under Allow, choose Custom
Put in "Formula:" box: =D1<10
Click OK

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

KANGYUES.[_2_]

How do I set up restrictions in my documents?

thanks a whole lot! u solved the hassle of needing to check through my
employees' work thoroughly!

"Max" wrote:

Oops, you did say col D

It should read:
Select col D
Click Data Validation
Under Allow, choose Custom
Put in "Formula:" box: =D1<10
Click OK

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Max

How do I set up restrictions in my documents?

welcome, glad it helped.