-   -   Chart - Data Labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/170426-chart-data-labels.html)

Darren L

Chart - Data Labels

Is it possible to change the width of the text box for 'Category Name' within
the data label on a chart?

I have Category Names which are very long and need to be 'word wrapped', but
I cannot change the width of the text box or find a 'word wrap' option for
this.

Formatting is important as I also need to display the Value, so hard-coding
the label is not an option

Andy Pope

Chart - Data Labels

Hi,

Chart data labels are not sizable, even if the handles around them would
suggest otherwise.

You maybe able to get the breaks in the text you want at fixed places by
using ALT+ENTER within the cells that contain the linked text.

If you want complete control of formatting you need to use embedded
textboxes. The drawback is that they will not automatically re position
themselves is the data changes.

Cheers
Andy