-   -   How do I create a Range Name? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/169740-how-do-i-create-range-name.html)

Curious

How do I create a Range Name?

I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Bob Phillips

How do I create a Range Name?

Just select the range of cells, hit Ctrl-F3, and add a name.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Don Guillett

How do I create a Range Name?

or, select the cells and name in the NAME box to the left of the formula
box.
To do with a macro

sheets("yoursheet").range("a2:b5").name="newname"

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Curious

How do I change a macro for a range of cells to a RangeName?

Thank you for the answer. How would I change a macro that I recorded to use
a RangeName instead of the cell range? I am not that familiar with the VB
code.

Thanks

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Curious

How do I change a macro to use a RangeName?

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Don Guillett

How do I change a macro to use a RangeName?

If you want help with code, post it for comments.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Curious

How do I change a macro to use a RangeName?

Here is the code I have now:
ub Character()
'
' Character Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+c
'
Range("A1:C3").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("G1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

How do I change this to use aRangeName "CHARACTER" instead of the current
cell range? Thank you for your help.

"Curious" wrote in message
I want to create different ranges of cells to capture the content and
duplicate on another sheet or workbook using a macro.

Don Guillett

How do I change a macro to use a RangeName?

I wouldn't use ctr+c as it is already used by excel.

Sub copyrangebyname()
Range("character").Copy Range("g1")

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel