-   -   subtotals (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/169171-subtotals.html)

DumbCluck

subtotals

I would like to create a macro (or vba function) that subtotals by user
then by type. I have two fields that I would like to total, amount and
reimbursement amount.
I would like the macro to sort and subtotal on type and then provide a grand
total
by user.
I have three different types (P, C & R).
I tried using the sort and subtotal functions in excel (2003) but have not
had any
success. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
kind regards,

Don Guillett

subtotals

Since you provide little info, If I understand you don't need to subtotal.
Try this idea

=sumproduct((a2:a22="P")*(b2:b22="username")*c2:c2 2)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel