-   -   how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a name? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/168644-how-do-i-change-lerrers-header-each-cell-name.html)

robush3

how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a name?

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that names or at least name the
firstcell so that it will be present even when I scroll down . is this
possible?

Otto Moehrbach

how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a name?

I think you are talking about Freeze Panes. Select cell A2, assuming you
have headers or whatever in A1, then click on Windows - Freeze Panes. Now
scroll down and you will see that row 1 stays visible at all times. Is this
what you want? HTH Otto
"robush3" wrote in message
I am trying to create a spreadsheet that names or at least name the
firstcell so that it will be present even when I scroll down . is this
possible?

Gord Dibben

how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a name?

You can't change the letters in the column headers.

Enter your names/titles in row 1 then select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes.

To also freeze column A select B2 before the WindowFreeze Panes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:04:01 -0800, robush3
wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that names or at least name the
firstcell so that it will be present even when I scroll down . is this
possible?

veryeavy

how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a na

Hi,

One further option that you might want to consider.

It is possible to remove the row and column headers.

Tools | Options | View tab and uncheck the "Row and Column Headers" checkbox.

Cheers,

Matt