-   -   Excel 2007 in Vista in MacBook Pro (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/167957-excel-2007-vista-macbook-pro.html)

Paul Gauci

Excel 2007 in Vista in MacBook Pro

I'm using Excel in a MacBook Pro (17", NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, and 4GB RAM)
the OS of which is Vista.

Everytime I stop working for a few minutes (even when I pause for less than
2 minutes), I find Excel frozen when I resume working. It takes about 1
minute or so (which feels like eternity) after I click in order for it to let
me work.

I have checked the power management facility and it is OK.

Any suggestions please?

--
Paul Gauci

Marc De Geyndt

Excel 2007 in Vista in MacBook Pro

hello paul, I think you will have to increase your time on your sheet, which
indicates the time when you are not working, you can also do a cleaning
program on your hard disk and a defragmentation of your hard disk.
Greetings.

Marc

Paul Gauci

Excel 2007 in Vista in MacBook Pro

Thanks Marc. The harddisk is new so there is no need defrag etc. How do I
increase time on my sheet please. I have tried to change the power management
settings but this has made no difference.

The problem seems to be getting worse and I am wasting a lot of time on my
work.

Thanks

Paul

--