-   -   Excel formula for seperating two words in the same cell. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/16712-excel-formula-seperating-two-words-same-cell.html)

Mim

Excel formula for seperating two words in the same cell.

How do I seperate two words in the same cell, seperated by a comma into to
seperate cells. eg. John,Smith (in cell A1) converted to John (in cell B1)
and Smith (in cell C1)?

Dave Peterson

Select column A and do
Data|Text to columns
Delimited
by comma
and make sure you put the output in column B

--

Dave Peterson

CLR

In cell B1 put =MID(A1,1,FIND(",",A1,1)-1)

In cell C1 put =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3