-   -   Check box totall (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/167005-check-box-totall.html)

Check box totall

I would like excel to total all of the checked boxes in a column, ie how many
boxes have been checked in that column. How do I do that

OssieMac

Check box totall

In properties for the checkboxes, set a linked cell to each check box. (Can
be anywhere out of the way on the worksheet). The cells will show true or
false depending on whether the box it is checked or unchecked. Then in
another cell insert the following formula:-

=COUNTIF(D1:D4,TRUE)

The above is where cells D1 to D4 are the linked cells for 4 check boxes.

OssieMac