Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Add-Ins

For quite some time I had an Add-In working fine, now it is gone...

It is still listed in the Tools manu and checked, but it does not open!

What do I do wrong? When looking for it, I tried to open the file, but
nothing happend.

--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

It is "Special Sort" from Primitive Software

I have not changed the Excel version.

--
Felix

"Felix" wrote in message
For quite some time I had an Add-In working fine, now it is gone...

It is still listed in the Tools manu and checked, but it does not open!

What do I do wrong? When looking for it, I tried to open the file, but
nothing happend.

--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Felix,
I answered your question in response to your private email.
However, you did not mention that you had tried to "open" the file.
Add-ins are not supposed to be opened.

Try unchecking it in Tools | Add-ins and then closing Excel.
Reopen Excel then checkmark it again.
The Special Sort menu item should appear on the Data menu.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Felix"
wrote in message
For quite some time I had an Add-In working fine, now it is gone...
It is still listed in the Tools manu and checked, but it does not open!

What do I do wrong? When looking for it, I tried to open the file, but
nothing happend.
--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you sure this isn't a terminology issue Jim. He says it is in the Tools
menu, but doesn't open. He doesn't say he opens it, he probably means the
menu doesn't appear ... at least that is how I read it.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
For quite some time I had an Add-In working fine, now it is gone...
It is still listed in the Tools manu and checked, but it does not open!

What do I do wrong? When looking for it, I tried to open the file, but
nothing happend.
--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Bob,
Thanks for the interpretation.
You are probably right.
However, I have not received a response and until then...
Regards,
Jim Cone

"Bob Phillips"
wrote in message
Are you sure this isn't a terminology issue Jim. He says it is in the Tools
menu, but doesn't open. He doesn't say he opens it, he probably means the
menu doesn't appear ... at least that is how I read it.
--
HTH
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I posted a question in July 2002, and my respondent disappeared, not heard
from him since.
I'm still working on the problem!

George Gee

wrote in message
Are you sure this isn't a terminology issue Jim. He says it is in the
Tools
menu, but doesn't open. He doesn't say he opens it, he probably means the
menu doesn't appear ... at least that is how I read it.
--
HTH
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers