-   -   Externalising a sheet to reduce Workbook size (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/165385-externalising-sheet-reduce-workbook-size.html)

Mike Langensiepen

Externalising a sheet to reduce Workbook size

I currently have a spreadsheet template of 700KB. This is too large as it is
used to produce some 1-200 sheets a week. Is there any easy way of
externalising one of the sheets in the workbook to reduce the template size.
The sheet I want to externalise is about 300K on it's own.

Because of the size of the sheet, a manual externalisation would take days
to accomplish!

Roger Govier[_3_]

Externalising a sheet to reduce Workbook size

Hi

Try
Right click on sheet tabMove or Copydo not check Create CopyMove selected
sheets to Book(new book)OK
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Mike Langensiepen" wrote in message
I currently have a spreadsheet template of 700KB. This is too large as it
is used to produce some 1-200 sheets a week. Is there any easy way of
externalising one of the sheets in the workbook to reduce the template
size. The sheet I want to externalise is about 300K on it's own.

Because of the size of the sheet, a manual externalisation would take days
to accomplish!

Mike Langensiepen

Externalising a sheet to reduce Workbook size

Does this work with templates though?

I used this method to reduce the spreadsheet size after bloating

Thanks for the suggestion.