-   -   Pivot Table Sub-Total question - basic (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/164328-pivot-table-sub-total-question-basic.html)

kleivakat

Pivot Table Sub-Total question - basic

I have a pivot table with the following fields in it:

Item Number (i.e., CH-1, CH-2, etc.)
Floor (LL, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)
Unit cost (dollar amount)
Quantity (numeric value)
Extended cost (Quantity * Unit Cost)

It's based on a large spreadsheet with all this info and more. I want my
chart to reflect each item number, quantity listed by floor, and then a
sub-total for each item number (Quantity and Extended Cost). For example, on
floor 1, I have 5 CH-1, on floor 2 I have 6 of them. I want a subtotal to
say that I have a total of 11 on all floors. I also want the extended cost
per item number.

When I alter field settings, I set my sub-totals for the field name
"Quantity" to be SUM, but I want them sub-totals by Item number. When I do
that, all the sub-total lines end up at the bottom of the pivot chart, not
right after each item number break.

What am I missing? This seems real basic, but I can't find the right
combination of settings. Thanks for any help.

KK