-   -   How Can I Make a Manual Line Break in a Cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/163727-how-can-i-make-manual-line-break-cell.html)

RickB

How Can I Make a Manual Line Break in a Cell?

I would like to be able to make manual line breaks within a cell like you can
in Word. For instance, I am making a spreadsheet of conferences people in my
office need to go to. Within a single cell I would like to be able to make
four lines: Confernece name, Dates, Place, and Name.

Yes, I know I can combine cells and stuff like that, but it takes too long
nd get mesed up as the spreadsheet is passed around.

Thanks for the help,
RickB

Elkar

How Can I Make a Manual Line Break in a Cell?

While editing the cell, hit ALT-ENTER. That will start a new line within a
cell.

HTH,
Elkar

"RickB" wrote:

I would like to be able to make manual line breaks within a cell like you can
in Word. For instance, I am making a spreadsheet of conferences people in my
office need to go to. Within a single cell I would like to be able to make
four lines: Confernece name, Dates, Place, and Name.

Yes, I know I can combine cells and stuff like that, but it takes too long
nd get mesed up as the spreadsheet is passed around.

Thanks for the help,
RickB

RickB

How Can I Make a Manual Line Break in a Cell?

That simple? Holy cow! Thanks!!!!