Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Hyperlinking to External Files

Greetings. I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP. I am using a worksheet in Excel
as a hyperlink storage bin (containing links to external files). I realize
there are many other programs that might be more suitable for this purpose,
but I'd rather keep all these file links in Excel (conveniently with all my
other other stuff). I'd rather not use OneNote (or AskSam, UltraRecall,
ConectedText, etc.), though they could do the job I'm sure.

In certain cells I have as I said above hyperlinks that link to many
(relatively small) external files (including pdfs). When I click on the
hyperlink in an Excel cell the file opens (pdfs open very slowly, as you
know). If the links are to files from MS Word 2007, these files take far too
long to open. I was wondering if the experts out there could give me the
names of programs that could open linked files (containing rft material and
various content copied from the web) very quickly when clicked from within
Excel? I keep all these various files in one folder. I hope this question
doesn't appear to simple-minded.

Regards, Rebecca