-   -   totals from list not in order (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/162868-totals-list-not-order.html)

essence_rain

totals from list not in order

hi,
I am looking to have all data on one sheet and have total amount of a group
on another sheet, how do i do this??

this may seem simple to expertslike you but today is an off day for me : )
thanks for your help

Pete_UK

totals from list not in order

If you mean that in your data your have a column which has, say,
names, and another column which has numbers, and on a second sheet you
want to total the amounts against each name, then you can use SUMIF.

Suppose your names are in column C of Sheet1, and the amounts are in
column F, and that you have 100 rows of data. On your second sheet you
will need to list the names (let's say in column A starting with A1),
then in cell B1 you can put this formula:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!C$1:C$100,A1,Sheet1!F$1:F$100)

This will give you the total for the name in A1. Copy it down for as
many names (or groups) as you have.

Hope this helps.

Pete