-   -   Unique Word List (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/16213-unique-word-list.html)

Rebecca

Unique Word List

Hi. I am using Excel 2003, and I am very new to the program, so if you know
the answer to my question, please explain everything in very simple English.
I have about 25 sheets that contains various columns. I want to make a word
list (one row for each word) for the words that appear in column B in all the
sheets, then copy and paste this list into another sheet. Does anyone know
how this can be done? Do I have to do each sheet separately, and then
alphabetize the resulting lists?

Gord Dibben

Rebecca

To get the words from column B on each sheet into one master sheet will
require manual or coded copy/paste from each sheet into one column in the
master.

Then you can use an Advanced Filter to select the unique words in that column
and copy to another sheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how to copy uniques to a new sheet.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Sort this list alphabetically using DataSortSelect a columnAscending.

The copy/paste part could be done much more easily using a VBA Macro(code) to
move all the words to the master sheet.

If you want to take a crack at that, post back.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP