-   -   numbers & decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/162085-numbers-decimals.html)

chas.

numbers & decimals

In Excel spreadsheet 2007, I have a column I want to enter figures like these:

5.00
4.90
5.25
etc.
I enter the figure, leave the cell and it goes to 0 or to 500, or to4.9. I
can't keep in there what I want.

OssieMac

numbers & decimals

Select the cells required and on the Home ribbon, click on the little arrow
bottom right of Number block (about middle of ribbon), select number then set
the number of decimal places to display.

Regards,

OssieMac