-   -   deleting rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/161778-deleting-rows.html)

CB

deleting rows

i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping
i have another 100 rows with the title payments.
they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight
them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping
without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial

gls858

deleting rows

cb wrote:
i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping
i have another 100 rows with the title payments.
they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight
them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping
without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial

Highlight the sheet then at the end of the home ribbon select sort and
filter then filter. You will then get down arrows in each column, Ckick
on it and select the value you want to delete. Highlight those rows and
delete.

gls858

CB

deleting rows

This is very cool ! Thanks it saved me frustrations....

"gls858" wrote:

cb wrote:
i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping
i have another 100 rows with the title payments.
they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight
them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping
without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial

Highlight the sheet then at the end of the home ribbon select sort and
filter then filter. You will then get down arrows in each column, Ckick
on it and select the value you want to delete. Highlight those rows and
delete.

gls858

Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.

gls858