-   -   Comment becomes uneditable, cell flashes (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/160879-comment-becomes-uneditable-cell-flashes.html)

Charles Blaquière

Comment becomes uneditable, cell flashes

I have a worksheet I've been using for years, which has started misbehaving.

I created a complex formula and wanted to document it with a cell comment. I
can insert a comment correctly the first time, but if I try to edit or
resize the comment, it disappears and the cell flashes repeatedly.

- Why is this happening?
- How can I work around this, and be able to edit/resize the comment?
- Should I be worried about possible corruption?

Thanks!

Charles

Max

Comment becomes uneditable, cell flashes

Perhaps you might want to try the "Open and repair" option (in xl2003)

Sequence:
File Save as .. (give it a back-up name)
Close the file
File Open
Navigate to and select the "back-up" file in the "Open" dialog
Click on the tiny dropdown to the right of "Open" button
choose "Open and Repair.."

Good luck
--
Max
Singapore

Max wrote:
Perhaps you might want to try the "Open and repair" option (in xl2003)

I forgot to mention that I'm using Excel 2000... thanks for the advice; any
other thoughts?

Charles

Max

Comment becomes uneditable, cell flashes

Afraid not. But perhaps someone else might chime in here.
Hang around awhile.