Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Relative and absolute hyperlinks

I have a cell in a worksheet that is hyperlinked to another cell in that same
worksheet. (Let's say that A1 is hyperlinked to F7).

If I move the text that is in F7 to another row and column, how can I get
the A1 hyperlink reference to move to the new location. (Let's say that the
text in F7 is now in cell G12. A1 still is hyperlinked to F7 and I want it
to change to G12 when I move the text in F7 to G12.)

It sounds like it should be simple, but I couldn't turn up anything that
seemed to answer my question. I hope someone can help. This has been a
constant problem with me in Excel worksheets and workbooks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way:

Name the target cell. Then in the hyperlink dialog, Document/Locate,
choose your named range in the input bax.