-   -   How do I unlock the number's keyboard? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/160087-how-do-i-unlock-numbers-keyboard.html)

Thornton

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
to the previous cell up.

Ron de Bruin

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

Hi Thornton

Press the Num lock key on your keyboard

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Thornton" wrote in message ...
The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
to the previous cell up.

Gary''s Student

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

If the NUMLOCK key does not function for both Excel and othre applications,
then the keyboard is probably defective:

First try a different keyboard - if the substitute keyboard works, replace
your defective one.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Thornton" wrote:

The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
to the previous cell up.

Ron Coderre

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

This may be too easy...but...

Have you tried pressing the NumLock key to engage the numbers?

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Thornton" wrote in message
The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the
cursor
to the previous cell up.

Thornton

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

The numbers at the top of the keyboard work. It's the numbers on the right
side of the keyboard that seemed locked. Please help and thanks!

"Thornton" wrote:

The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
to the previous cell up.

Peo Sjoblom

How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

Have you pressed the numlock key?