-   -   Enabling Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/159604-enabling-macros.html)

Brian Gregg

Enabling Macros

I have been trying to enable macros in Excel 2007 (recently acquired) and
though I have turned on Enable Macros and VB etc. It will still not let me
use them and I continue to get the security warning when the file is opened.
Can anyone give me an answer

Bob Phillips

Enabling Macros

Are you opening files from a previous version? If so, and there is a button
above the spreadsheet about security (forget the exact text) click that and
see if they are now enabled.

--
HTH

Bob

"Brian Gregg" wrote in message
I have been trying to enable macros in Excel 2007 (recently acquired) and
though I have turned on Enable Macros and VB etc. It will still not let me
use them and I continue to get the security warning when the file is
opened.
Can anyone give me an answer

Brian Gregg

Enabling Macros

Yes I am opening files from Excel 2003

Do you mean the words along the lines of: Security macros disabled. If yes,
then
I do what is suggested and select the enable option, but it still comes up
with the warning.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Are you opening files from a previous version? If so, and there is a button
above the spreadsheet about security (forget the exact text) click that and
see if they are now enabled.

--
HTH

Bob

"Brian Gregg" wrote in message
I have been trying to enable macros in Excel 2007 (recently acquired) and
though I have turned on Enable Macros and VB etc. It will still not let me
use them and I continue to get the security warning when the file is
opened.
Can anyone give me an answer

Bob Phillips

Enabling Macros

Yes that's the one. Fid you look at the security options, it says 'Disable
all macros with notification'. I think this means that this is what happens.

When you select Enable, the macros work, right?

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Are you opening files from a previous version? If so, and there is a
button
above the spreadsheet about security (forget the exact text) click that
and
see if they are now enabled.

--
HTH