-   -   Help is "blank" (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/157618-help-blank.html)

Joseph[_2_]

Help is "blank"

I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer.
Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank. The
"Contents" tab still has the help tree.

What did I do wrong?

garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Help is "blank"

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319956 "The Answer Wizard and the
Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program".

Joseph wrote:
I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer.
Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank. The
"Contents" tab still has the help tree.

What did I do wrong?

Joseph[_2_]

Help is "blank"

Thanks for the link. It's odd. I checked the two computers that
I observed this problem and the problem wasn't there. I did change
the registry for one computer so we'll see if it crops up on the
other one.