-   -   2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/156727-2007-opening-2003-files-read-only.html)

Michael Gerbasio

2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only

Hi,
I'm new to Office 2007 so I thought this would be a good place to start.

I have files created in Excel 2003 as I had been using Office 2003 prior to
upgrading. Now, when I open a old spreadsheet in 2007, it is opened in Read
Only Compatibility Mode. I only have one user, me, on this pc. I'm set up
with an administrator account so document security shouldn't be a problem.
All the web searches I did mention this with SharePoint. I don't have
SharePoint, I should say I don't know what it is and don't think I have it.
Any ideas.

Regards-Michael G.

Michael Gerbasio

2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only

Found the problem. For some reason when I upgraded or just copied my files,
the ownership of the files changed. Now that's another problem I'll have to
figure out.

Regards-Michael G.