-   -   Preserving PivotChart Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/155165-preserving-pivotchart-formatting.html)

Outlook Convert

Preserving PivotChart Formatting

I created a PivotChart and modified the colors for the chart bars. Whenever
I pivot the chart to create different views of the PivotChart, my custom
colors for the chart bars revert back to the default colors. Is there a way
that I can preserve the formatting attributes of my PivotCharts regardless of
how many different views I create? By the way, the same data source is being
used to create different views. Thanks in advanced.

Debra Dalgleish

Preserving PivotChart Formatting

Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
information in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a
macro as you apply the formatting:

Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures