-   -   how do i save my exel document so that i can read it (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/155044-how-do-i-save-my-exel-document-so-i-can-read.html)

smokey

how do i save my exel document so that i can read it

what is the correct way to save excel worksheets, and word documents
when i open either one i get unreadable characters

Gord Dibben

how do i save my exel document so that i can read it

Save as Excel workbook and Word document.

How are you currently saving?

How are you opening them that gives you unreadable characters?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP