-   -   The numbers entered change to symbols when leaving the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/154326-numbers-entered-change-symbols-when-leaving-cell.html)

CH100688

The numbers entered change to symbols when leaving the cell

I am trying to enter 10,418 in a dollar amount, when I leave the cell it
changes to this :########. How can I fix this?

George Gee

The numbers entered change to symbols when leaving the cell

Make the column wider, or the font size smaller.

George Gee

"CH100688" wrote in message
I am trying to enter 10,418 in a dollar amount, when I leave the cell it
changes to this :########. How can I fix this?

CH100688

The numbers entered change to symbols when leaving the cell

Thanks...that worked!!