-   -   How do I enter a decimal automatically without typing it every ti. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/15399-how-do-i-enter-decimal-automatically-without-typing-every-ti.html)

Hayley

How do I enter a decimal automatically without typing it every ti.

I want to enter data into cells and not have to type the decimal point every
time. Is there any way to do this? I know you can set the number of places
behind the decimal point, but it still means you have to type the point every
time.

Max

There's an option you can set ..
Click Tools Options Edit tab
Check Fixed decimal 2 places
Click OK
--
Rgds
Max
"Hayley" wrote in message
I want to enter data into cells and not have to type the decimal point

every
time. Is there any way to do this? I know you can set the number of

places
behind the decimal point, but it still means you have to type the point

every
time.

Max

Line should read as:
Check Fixed decimal 2 places (say)

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Hayley

Max, thank you. That is SO helpful. It will make life easier.
Hayley

"Max" wrote:

Line should read as:
Check Fixed decimal 2 places (say)