-   -   LINK DATABASEs (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/15293-link-databases.html)

John Knapczyk

LINK DATABASEs

I currently work in a Installation Access Office for the Military and need to
link different files to condence my work load. I do simple data entry on one
file but must check on another excel file to see if they been barred from
post. Futher more we generally have data on most personal that get added to
the first database. Can that be copyed over without typing it compleatly by
checking another database.

JulieD

Hi John

check out the VLOOKUP function in help, i think it might give you what
you're looking for.

Cheers
JulieD