-   -   Combine the contents of two cells. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/15292-combine-contents-two-cells.html)

Cut/Paste Help!!

Combine the contents of two cells.

I want to copy the contents of a cell and insert it at the beginning of the
text of another cell: ie I want to combine the text contained in two cells
into one cell. I can do it manually but would like to use a macro as I have
a lot of cutting and inserting to do!!
I use Office 2000.

Biff

Hi!

Assume you want to combine cells A1:A100 with cells
B1:B100. In cell C1 enter this formula:

=A1&B1

If you want a space between values:

=A1&" "&B1

Drag copy down to C100 or just double click the fill
handle.

Now, if you no longer need the data in columns A and B
select C1:C100 and do Copy/Paste Special/Values and then
either delete columns A and B altogether or just delete
the range A1:B100.

Biff

I want to copy the contents of a cell and insert it at

the beginning of the
text of another cell: ie I want to combine the text

contained in two cells
into one cell. I can do it manually but would like to

use a macro as I have
a lot of cutting and inserting to do!!
I use Office 2000.
.

Gord Dibben

Is it always the same text added to multi-cells?

Are the cells contiguous or randomly located?

If randomly located, any criteria to designate which?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:33:02 -0800, "Cut/Paste Help!!" <Cut/Paste
wrote:

I want to copy the contents of a cell and insert it at the beginning of the
text of another cell: ie I want to combine the text contained in two cells
into one cell. I can do it manually but would like to use a macro as I have
a lot of cutting and inserting to do!!
I use Office 2000.

Cut/Paste Help!!

Thanks for your input you Guys. I am sorry I did not make my question clearer.
I need to insert the contents of one cell into the text of another,
sometimes at the beginning, sometimes in the middle of the text of another
cell.

I am aware of what you have suggested Biff and thanks for your input,
however it does not help when inserting in the middle of the text.

Also, if I use this method, I find that the text formatting of the original
cell is lost. Any ideas?