-   -   Symbol conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/151725-symbol-conversion.html)

Andre Adams

Symbol conversion

Why does excel automatically change my symbor "IHS" to "HIS"? Just lost a
big time with one of my clients due to this error. Is there a way to turn it
off?

Peo Sjoblom

Symbol conversion

It's an MS Office setting, in 2003 it's under toolsautocorrect options, you
can either remove it or when you type press space, then ctrl + Z. Having
said that I must either have taken it off or 2003 does not autocorrect ihs

Peo Sjoblom