-   -   How do i set up my desktop computer to work from my laptop (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/15135-how-do-i-set-up-my-desktop-computer-work-my-laptop.html)

juliek

How do i set up my desktop computer to work from my laptop

Hi I am new to laptop computing I have a destop computer and a laptop both access the internet (cable blueyonder broadband ) via a linsky wireless connection set up in another room done to avoid using wires when moving the desktop computer into my sons room. How do I set up the computers to talk to each other so that I can tell my printer upstairs to print a document i have written on my laptop without joining via wires to the printer....Thanks in anticipation ..Juliek

Gordon

juliek wrote:
Hi I am new to laptop computing I have a destop computer and a laptop
both access the internet (cable blueyonder broadband ) via a linsky
wireless connection set up in another room done to avoid using wires
when moving the desktop computer into my sons room. How do I set up
the computers to talk to each other so that I can tell my printer
upstairs to print a document i have written on my laptop without
joining via wires to the printer....Thanks in anticipation ..Juliek

What has this to do with Excel? Try in uk.comp.home-networking

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk