-   -   Background color in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/150135-background-color-excel-2007-a.html)

pcor

Background color in Excel 2007

How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Background color in Excel 2007

Check out CF

Hi pcor

Select the cells I37 to O41
On the Home tab choose Conditonal Formatting
Choose New rule
Choose "Use a formula to determine..........
Enter =I37=Today()
And pick a color

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

pcor

Background color in Excel 2007

Thanks for the quick answer...but..
I tried that and the message I got was "You cannot use relative reference in
conditional formatingcriteria for color scales,data bars or Icon sets"
Help
Ian M

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Background color in Excel 2007

Hi pcor

Note: that I37 is also the first cell in your selection

=I37=Today()

--

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

pcor

Background color in Excel 2007

I have done as you said: selected I37 to O41
then New rule but I keep on getting the same error message
I appreciate all the hlp you can give me
Thanks

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Background color in Excel 2007

Send me your test workbook private and I look at it

Adress is on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

pcor

Background color in Excel 2007

I just sent it to you and many thanks

"pcor" wrote in message ...
How do I write a formula to make the cells I37 to O41 blue background but
only when the current date is today's date
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Background color in Excel 2007

Got it, I look at it this evening