-   -   Saving a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/149715-saving-macro.html)

Bill

Saving a macro

I have an excell file which i want to be able to share, it has macros that
allow times to be added and saved. i was wondering if there was a way to make
this a file which cannot be altered, only info. added. like a template file,
to prevent deletion of the macros?

Scoops

Saving a macro

On 11 Jul, 05:18, Bill wrote:
I have an excell file which i want to be able to share, it has macros that
allow times to be added and saved. i was wondering if there was a way to make
this a file which cannot be altered, only info. added. like a template file,
to prevent deletion of the macros?

Hi Bill

You can protect your code in the vba editor by right-clicking the
Project name in the explorer window VBAProject Properties
Protection tab check Lock project for viewing add a Password (and
don't forget it).

Your code can't be accessed now but the macros can still be disabled
at startup.

Regards

Steve