-   -   Date function (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/147128-date-function.html)

Natalie

Date function

Hi,

I have a date in a field 03/25/2006...I would like to change this date to
only show day and month of date 03/25 . I think I can use the Day and Month
functions to pull out the day and month from the date.
Can someone help me with using one fuction to get day and month from this
date field.

Thanks for you help

Neil

Date function

Natalie,

You could just re-format your cells with the date in.

Select the cells
Open up the format cells dialog (will vary depending on your version of Excel)
Select 'Custom' from the list of formats.
In the 'Type' line, type in 'mm/dd' (without quotes)

Now no matter what date you tyoe in you will only get the month and day.

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk