Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ana Ana is offline

Default how do i remove zeroes values from exel sheet

Hi I do not want zeroes on my sheet how do I can remove it? I have Exel 2007
Thank you,
--
Ana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How are the zero values generated?

If by formula you could trap for them like...........

=IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:49:00 -0700, Ana wrote:

Hi I do not want zeroes on my sheet how do I can remove it? I have Exel 2007
Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Ana

Office round buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedDisplay Options for This
WorksheetShow a Zero value

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ana" wrote:

Hi I do not want zeroes on my sheet how do I can remove it? I have
Exel 2007
Thank you,
--
Ana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copying template to other worksheets

I used one of the excel templates from the office online website. I changed a
all of the column and row headings to labels that were relevant to what I
needed to do.... I finished it and saved as a template in 'Save As'. Now,
when I copy and paste that information/template to another workbook all the
empty cells become zeros with the cell format of that column from the
template...for example...$0 or 0.00 I've tried clearing the contents..but
there's nothing there to clear on the template- only on the new workbook that
I create.
What do I do??
--
Thank you so much!
-Lauren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Lauren" wrote in message
I used one of the excel templates from the office online website. I changed
all of the column and row headings to labels that were relevant to what I
needed to do.... I finished it and saved as a template in 'Save As'. Now,
when I copy and paste that information/template to another workbook all
the
empty cells become zeros with the cell format of that column from the
template...for example...$0 or 0.00 I've tried clearing the
contents..but
there's nothing there to clear on the template- only on the new workbook
that
I create.
What do I do??
--

Try File - New- My templates - Create (at least that's the procedure in
2007). That's what you are supposed to do, not copy and paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm sorry, I forgot the most
important part of the question. My template is several worksheets. When I
open the template on a new excel sheet thats fine. The zeros appear when I
click special link after copying the last worksheet of the template to a new
workbook (that is the sum of all the seperate workbooks)..any advice?
--
Thank you so much!
-Lauren

"Gordon" wrote:

"Lauren" wrote in message
I used one of the excel templates from the office online website. I changed
all of the column and row headings to labels that were relevant to what I
needed to do.... I finished it and saved as a template in 'Save As'. Now,
when I copy and paste that information/template to another workbook all
the
empty cells become zeros with the cell format of that column from the
template...for example...$0 or 0.00 I've tried clearing the
contents..but
there's nothing there to clear on the template- only on the new workbook
that
I create.
What do I do??
--

Try File - New- My templates - Create (at least that's the procedure in
2007). That's what you are supposed to do, not copy and paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Lauren" wrote in message
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm sorry, I forgot the most
important part of the question. My template is several worksheets. When I
open the template on a new excel sheet thats fine. The zeros appear when I
click special link after copying the last worksheet of the template to a
new
workbook (that is the sum of all the seperate workbooks)..any advice?

You shouldn't need to copy anything. If you have saved the amended template
properly as a template, then when you create a new document from that
template it should all be there.
In fact Ive just created a template from a multi-sheet workbook and whan I
go to New-Template and open a document based on that template, it's all
there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lauren

That's not how you use templates.

Don't bother to copy and paste to another workbook.

Just open the template and a new workbook will be created based upon the
template leaving the template unchanged and the new workbook will have the same
formatting as the template.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP