-   -   insert running time on excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/144385-insert-running-time-excel.html)

hungry burger

insert running time on excel

Hi,

Is there any way to see the current time in excel? cant seem to find an
available function in excel.

I know that this might require some VBA scripts as I would like to see the
seconds "ticking" on a sheet.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

insert running time on excel

function: =NOW()
shortcut for non-dynamic entry of current time: CTRL+: (hold CTRL+SHIFT and
tap ; key)
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"hungry burger" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to see the current time in excel? cant seem to find an
available function in excel.

I know that this might require some VBA scripts as I would like to see the
seconds "ticking" on a sheet.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

David McRitchie

insert running time on excel

"hungry burger"
Is there any way to see the current time in excel? cant seem to find an
available function in excel.

I know that this might require some VBA scripts as I would like to see the
seconds "ticking" on a sheet.

Whether you want a clock, a count down timer, or a elapsed timer, Excel
is not going to do it efficiently, and for a clock you would see the difference
between the clock in Excel and your clock in the lower right corner.

You can get clocks that run in a browser. You can show seconds on the
Task Bar Clock by using TClockEx without turning your expensive computer
into a wall clock. For more information on all of the above see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#clock
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm
http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm