Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need a suggestion on...

the best way to go about setting my project up.

Here's the situation: I have an Excel UserForm that gets it's
information from an Access database on our server. This UserForm, once
completed, will be used by our sales people when they are out quoting jobs.
Obviously, when they aren't connected to the company network, Excel will
give a "network or disk" error and not run the Userform.

My idea: replicate the database onto their laptops and have Excel
perform a network check before trying to open the UserForm and, if it
couldn't find the network database, use the local copy to avoid the errors.

Is that the best way to do it?

Does anyone have another suggestion?

What if I make a change to the DB while a sales person is out? How would
that change get pushed to the replicas?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!